Art & Culture
Call for Artists to lead online workshops!
We are programming a series of online workshops (recorded in advance) as a creative response to trails or walks in our Join the Docks Autumn Programme. The workshops will be activities that a range of different audiences – families, adults, children – can do from home.
We are seeking up to five artists/ arts organisations to deliver the following workshops:
- A storytelling workshop for families
- A drawing workshop for families
- A making / low-tech design workshop for families
- A creative writing workshop for adults and young people
- A photography / film workshop for adults and young people
Initial information about the walks / trails can be found here. Further details will follow as they are launched.
Dates: workshops to be delivered in December / January, in agreement with Royal Docks Team.
Fee: £500 (to include planning, online meeting with Royal Docks Team, workshop, materials)
- Have experience of delivering workshops (preferably online)
- Have experience of delivering workshops to children and young people if proposing a workshop for children / young people
- Be available to deliver the workshop in December / January
- Be a Newham resident or have your studio or organisation based in Newham
- Be able to take part in the self-guided audio trail or walk-in advance of planning your workshop
Please send an email with your CV and a short covering email, detailing a brief initial idea to: email@example.com
Please put as the subject line: Artist Workshop followed by your first and last name OR organisation name
Deadline Extended: Friday 4th December
Please note, we do not expect a full proposal – just creativity, enthusiasm, and information on your relevant experience!
We will contact successful artists to discuss further.
Stories from around the docks
Dock Tales: Momtaz Begum-Hossain
Ever wondered what it’s like to take a dip in the docks, and what makes it the most exciting place to live in London? Local resident Momtaz shares her thoughts.